Trust your x-ray diffraction measurement needs to our highly skilled and knowledgeable team.
Our ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited laboratories have the highest quality standards and procedures. With over 20 dedicated XRD systems we can accommodate your laboratory and field measurement needs, with fast, accurate and efficient service.
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Accredited (download certificate)
• ITAR Registered • Controlled Goods Registered
For over 25 years our laboratories have been providing x-ray diffraction measurement services to industry. Our full service laboratories have all the tools necessary for carrying out your measurement requirements. We can handle all sizes of project in a timely manner. Our large selection of x-ray diffraction equipment ensures we can provide the highest quality data for your residual stress measurement, powder diffraction analysis and single crystal orientation needs.
PROTO has pioneered the practical application of non-destructive x-ray diffraction based residual stress measurement of structures and large components. Some examples include bridges, pipelines, skyscrapers, power generation stations, aircraft structures, large vehicles, rolling stock and track, earthquake remediation and pressure vessels. Most of the services available in our laboratory are also available in the field. Our highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced teams ensure that you receive the most accurate and reliable field data possible.
3 LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU BETTER
USA 12350 Universal Drive, Taylor, Michigan, tel: 1-313-965-2900
Canada 2175 Solar Crescent, Oldcastle, ON, tel: 1-519-737-6330
Europe al. Jaworowa 42/2, Wroclaw, Poland, tel: +48 (885) 200-993
• PROTO has done hundreds of thousands of residual stress measurements for our customers.
• Small and large project capabilities.
• Dedicated team of residual stress measurement technicians and stress experts.
• Ideal for metals and ceramics
• ASTM E915
• ASTM E2860
• ASTM E1426
• SAE HS-784
• Residual stress vs. depth
• Residual stress mapping
• ASTM E975
• SAE SP-453
• Rietveld Analysis
• Carbide evaluation and correction
• ASTM E837
• Ideally suited for non-crystalline materials
• Saw cut sectioning
• EDM sectioning
• Surface grinding and cut-off wheel sectioning
• Strain gauge installation & monitoring during sectioning
• Paint and coating removal
• Scale removal
• Phase determination
• Quantitative Phase analysis
• Nitride layer analysis
• 11 High Speed Laboratory LXRD Residual Stress & Retained Austenite Measurement Systems
• 9 Portable iXRD Residual Stress & Retained Austenite Measurement Systems
• 2 AXRD General Purpose Powder Diffractometers
• LAUE-HT Single Crystal Orientation System
• LXRD-SC Single Crystal Residual Stress System
• High-speed hole drilling rig
• Wet chemistry laboratory for sample prep
• 8818-V3 Electropolishers
• Metrology lab with high accuracy profilometers
• MG40BH bolt hole goniometer
• Small bore goniometers (60 mm)
• Triaxial goniometers
• X,Y, Z mapping stages
• Floor Stands
• Pipeline stands